Passthrough API: A New Way to Connect with Your Integrations
March 27, 2023
If you are a developer who uses Unified.to to connect with various integrations, you might need need to access additional data from the integration that Unified.to doesn't yet support. Sometimes, you need to access vendor-specific API endpoints or objects that are not supported by Unified.
That's why we are excited to announce the launch of our Passthrough API, a new feature that allows you to call the integration's APIs directly but get partial benefit from Unified.to. With the Passthrough API, you can leverage your existing Unified.to connections and authentication with Unified.to, but access any API endpoint at the integration's API.
Passthrough API is very simple and straightforward. Here is how it works in a nutshell:
- You send a request to Unified.to's Passthrough endpoint, specifying the connection_id, the integration's API path, and the HTTP method (GET, POST, PUT, PATCH, or DELETE), any data in the POST/PUT payload, and any URL query parameters.
- Unified.to handles the authentication with the vendor using your existing connection credentials. You don't need to worry about tokens or keys.
- Unified.to forwards your request data to the integration as is, including any headers or parameters.
- Unified.to receives the response from the integration and returns it to you as is, including any headers or status codes.
That's it! You can now access any vendor API that Unified.to doesn't support, as long as you have a valid connection with that vendor.
If you want to try out Passthrough API, you can follow these steps:
- Make sure you have a customer's connection with the integration you want to access through Passthrough API. You can check your connections in your Unified.to dashboard.
- Read the documentation for Passthrough API and learn how to format your requests and responses.
- Use your preferred tool or language to send a request to Unified.to's Passthrough endpoint with the required parameters.
- Receive the response from the vendor and process it as you wish.
We hope you enjoy this new feature and find it useful for your projects. We are always looking for feedback and suggestions on how to improve our products and services. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or comments.
We are excited to see what you are going to build with Passthrough API! 🚀