How to Register a ZohoCRM Developer App and Get OAUTH2 Credentials
February 13, 2023
ZohoCRM is a popular cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) platform that helps businesses manage their sales, marketing, and customer service activities. If you are a developer who wants to build data integrations for your SaaS software with ZohoCRM, you will need to register a developer app and get credentials from Zoho.
In this article, I will show you how to do that in a few simple steps.
The first step is to create a Zoho Developer account, if you don't have one already. You can sign up for free at https://developer.zoho.com/signup.
Once you have created your account, you will be able to access the Zoho Developer Console, where you can manage your apps and credentials.
The next step is to register a ZohoCRM developer app, which will allow you to access the ZohoCRM API and data. To do that, follow these steps:
- Go to the Zoho Developer Console and click on the "Add App" button.
- Choose "Self-Client" as the Client Type and click on "Create".
- Enter a name and a homepage for your app
- For your Authoried redirect URI, enter in
- Click on "Create".
- You will see a confirmation message and a client ID and a client secret for your app. Copy and save them somewhere safe, as you will need them later.
Congratulations! You have successfully registered a ZohoCRM developer app and got credentials. You can now use them to access the ZohoCRM API and data from your SaaS software.
Step 3: Use Unified.to to Simplify your Integrations Development
Using ZohoCRM APIs directly can be complex and time-consuming, especially if you want to integrate with multiple services or platforms. You will need to handle the authentication, the error handling, the rate limiting, the data mapping, and the synchronization logic for each integration.
A simpler and faster alternative is to use Unified.to APIs for CRM integration. It provides a unified set of APIs, data-models, and webhooks for 20+ CRM integrations.
- Navigate to Active Integrations
- Search for ZohoCRM
- Click on Activate on ZohoCRM
- Enter in the information from the previous step (client ID, secret)